SepticSmart Week 2016
Announcing the SepticSmart Week from September 19-23.
Visit the EPA ‘Septic Smart’ site for valuable information on taking care of your septic system
Special Meeting Notice for September 29th
Notice of SPECIAL MEETING
JEFFERSON COUNTY BOARD OF HEALTH
JOINT MEETING WITH
JEFFERSON HEALTH CARE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
September 29, 2016
607 Water Street
Port Townsend, WA 98368
2:00 – 4:00
1. Special Joint Meeting Business
• Approval of the jointly sponsored
Jefferson County Community Health Improvement Plan.
2. Public Comments
Request for Proposal
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Jefferson County Board of Commissioners is announcing the availability of 1/10th of 1 percent sales tax funds for community grants in 2017, (see authorizing statute RCW 82.14.460). This grant opportunity is intended to maintain, create, or enhance local services and programs overseen by the Jefferson County Mental Health/Substance Abuse Advisory Committee.
Funding for this program comes from the Jefferson County 1/10th of 1 percent sales tax collected for mental health and substance abuse programs, (ordinance No. 08-1003-05). The anticipated total amount available in 2017 is $378,186, depending on revenue projections. The contract term will be from January 1, 2017 through December 31, 2017.
Follow this link to view the complete Request for Proposal, (RFP).
Additional Information: 1/10th of 1% RFP for MH/SA Services - Bidders Q&A
- Bidders who have questions about this RFP may submit any enquiries to Anna Mc Enery at Jefferson County Public Health, (email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org) from August 10th to August 17th.
- Questions and answers will be posted on the Jefferson County Public Health website no later than August 19th. This will be the sole opportunity for communication about this RFP.
- Please note no inquiries were made between August 10th-17th, other than a request for the budget sheet to be put into an excel document. Please click here for the Budget Spreadsheet.
- Completed applications are due no later than September 2, 2016 at 4:00 p.m.
Budget Sheet for the 1/10th of 1% RFP for MH/SA Services
Boat Haven's Household Hazardous Waste Collection Hours Expanded
The Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility at the Boat Haven has expanded their hours to include the 1st Saturday of each month in addition to its regular weekly Friday hours. Hours are now:
Fridays and 1st Saturday each month
10:00 – 4:30, closed Noon-12:30
To see what is collected at the HHW facility, click here.
Local Sources for Items Too Good To Trash
Check out this new comprehensive resource for donating, recycling or selling goods and materials that you don’t want to put in the landfill. ‘Moving it On’ is an A-Z user-friendly guide will help you find a place to take everything from Appliances to Yard Waste.