2019 General Election: Write-In Candidate Filing
Filing Fees for Write-In Candidates:
- Port of Port Townsend Commissioner $34.20 (1% of annual salary)
- City of Port Townsend Council Member: $60.00 (1% of annual salary)
- ALL other offices: $25.00 (minimum fee for offices without an annual salary)
How to file:
- Online: Available until 8:00 p.m. Election night, November 5, 2019.
- ONLINE candidate filing
- You can pay the filing fee online or in-person. Your declaration will not be approved until the filing fee has been submitted.
- In Person: In the Auditor's office, 1820 Jefferson St., Port Townsend. Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. M - F with the exception of Election Day hours of 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- The filing fee is due at the time of filing (cash or check only).
- By mail: The declaration of candidacy MUST be in our office by Election Day, November 5, 2019.
- Mail to: Jefferson County Elections, PO Box 563, Port Townsend WA 98368
- The filing fee must accompany the declaration of candidacy (check or money order - do not send cash in the mail).
- Electronically (Fax or Email): We can receive the declaration of candidacy electronically but the fee must be submitted by 8:00 p.m. Election night (cash or check only).
- FAX: (360) 385-9228
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only candidates printed on the ballot will be in the online voters' guide.