Election Observer Training & Information
Election Observer Training
In an effort to keep the public and staff safe, we will not be conducting in person Election Observer training. Alternatively, we would like to invite you to complete the Jefferson County Election Observer training online.
The Election Observer online training is a series of 51 readable slides click here to start.
Election observers who complete the training online will be required to sign a testament of completion prior to observing the election process.
Observing the Election Process
Click here for the Jefferson County Election Observer Rules
Public Access at the Election Center:
Citizens may view ballot processing at the Jefferson County Election Center, located at 1820 Jefferson St, Port Townsend during the dates and times listed in the official Notice of Election published in the Peninsula Daily News and posted on our web page.
Although space is limited, we will attempt to accommodate as many citizens as we can. Visitors may be required to sign an oath of non-divulgence when observing ballot processing at the Election Center.
Acts Prohibited in the Vicinity of a Voting Center or Ballot Deposit Site:
During the voting period, no person may, within a voting center or ballot deposit site:
- Suggest, persuade or attempt to suggest or persuade any voter to vote for or against any candidate or ballot measure;
- Engage in any practice which interferes with the freedom of voters to exercise their franchise or disrupts administration of the voting center.
- Circulate cards or handbills of any kind;
- Solicit signatures for any kind of petition;
- Without lawful authority, remove any ballot from a voting center or ballot deposit site.
- Within 25 feet of a ballot deposit site not located within a voting center, no person may electioneer, circulate campaign material, solicit petition signatures or interfere or impede the voting process.
|Revised Code of Washington (RCW)||Washington Administrative Code (WAC)|
|RCW 29A.12.120||WAC 434-261-010|
|RCW 29A.60.170||WAC 434-261-020|