Phase Transitions & Guidance
On June 30, 2021, Washington state fully reopened and all industry sectors previously covered by the Roadmap to Recovery Phased Reopening (with limited exceptions for large indoor events) returned to usual capacity and operations. This does not include masking, which will continue under current guidance.
The following DOH COVID-19 guidance documents and governor’s Healthy Washington Roadmap to Recovery requirements have recently been updated:
- GOV: Spectator Events(June 30)
- GOV: Religious and Faith-Based Organizations(May 13)
- New vaccinated section requirements added.
- Update to face coverings requirements for certain activities.
- GOV: Cruises(May 13)
- NEW guidance for small cruises with overnight accommodations (250 passengers or less).
- GOV: Agricultural Industry and Safety Plan Interpretive Guidance(May 7)
- Relocated isolation requirements to the appropriate WAC.
- Updates to transportation section to reflect increased capacity for shelter groups who are fully vaccinated.
- GOV: Weddings, Funerals, and Events(May 24)
- Allowable dancing restrictions updated.
- New fully vaccinated and accompanying face coverings information.
- DOH: K-12 School Requirements for 2021-2022(May 13)
- Requirements for Summer 2021 and the 2021-2022 school year. This is being released to serve as a planning document, which will likely see updates over the summer prior to the start of the regular school year in the fall.
- DOH: K-12 School Testing Guidance(May 13)
- Updated testing strategies for schools, and link to testing protocols for sports and extra-curricular activities.
- DOH: COVID-19 Infection Guidelinesfor Health Care Providers (May 12)
- Removed 3 month timeframe post-vaccination, updated masking information.
- DOH: COVID-19 Case Investigation and Contact Tracingfor Health Care Providers (May 12)
- Removed 3 month timeframe post-vaccination.
- DOH: Guidance for Temporary Worker Housing Emergency Rule(May 11)
- Information added on impact of vaccinations for group shelters and shared facilities.
- Updated requirements for isolation facilities to be provided by operators.
- DOH: Risk Assessment Template to Assess COVID-19 Exposure Risk for Residents/Clients after Community Visits(May 10)
- Includes updates on visiting when fully vaccinated.
- DOH: Long-Term Care Facility Testing for Staff and Residents(May 10)
- Routine testing recommendations updated to recommend testing all staff regardless of vaccination status.
DOH guidance can be found on the COVID-19 Resources and Recommendations page.
Governor Inslee’s Healthy Washington: Roadmap to Recovery requirements for all sectors can be found on the COVID-19 Reopening Guidance for Businesses and Workers page.
Other reopening information
- All essential businesses are allowed to be open including grocery stores, pharmacies, gas stations and food producers. You can clarify status, or request inclusion on the list.
- Before visiting state parks or lands, confirm what's open.