- Departments F-Z
- Administrative Services
- Concealed Pistol License Information
Concealed Pistol License Information
A Concealed Pistol License (CPL) is a license provided by and regulated by the State of Washington.
Concealed Pistol Licenses can be applied for at:
Jefferson County Sheriff's Office 79 Elkins Road Port Hadlock, WA 98339
The following fee schedule is in place for the issuance of Concealed Pistol Licenses:
- $49.25 for an original applications
- $32.00 for a renewal application made prior to CPL expiration
- $42.00 for a late renewal application, made within ninety (90) days of CPL expiration. (After ninety days, no renewal is possible, and an original application will be required.)
- $10.00 for a replacement CPL
License fees are required at the time of application. Fees may be paid with cash (exact amounts only), cashier's check, money order, or personal check (with valid photo ID that matches address on check). No debit or credit cards can be accepted.
Concealed Pistol Licenses can be laminated for an addition $2.00 fee.
The following requirements must be met to obtain a Concealed Pistol License through the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department:
- You must be 21 years of age or older.
- You must have a picture ID (a Washington State Driver's License or ID Card is preferred).
- You must be a citizen of the United States or have an Alien Firearms Certificate.
- You must reside in Jefferson County.
- If this is an original application, you will have to have your fingerprints taken at the Sheriff’s Office.
- You must be legally allowed to possess firearms.
- Full payment for the appropriate fee amount. (See above)
- Original CPL applications require Fingerprinting at the Administration Office.
Renewal or Late Renewal of Concealed Pistol License
CPL Renewals may be submitted through the mail or at the administration office. The information needed to process the renewal is as follows: A completed Concealed Pistol License Application (please include a phone number, so you can be contacted if needed). Checks are made out to 'JCSO' in the amount of $34.00 if you would like it laminated, or $32.00 if you chose not to laminate. Late Renewals are $44.00 for laminated, and $42.00 for non-laminated. Late Renewals can only be renewed if it has not exceeded the 90 day time limit from when it expired. Please mail signed renewals and the appropriate fee to: 79 Elkins Rd, Port Hadlock, WA 98339. Please allow 30 days for processing. If you need any assistance or have any further questions please contact the Administration Office at 360-385-3831 Ext 0.