Jefferson County is in the process of updating the flood damage prevention ordinance (as codified in Chapter 15.15 of the Jefferson County Code). This update is intended to make the ordinance consistent with FEMA requirements. Read on...
Jefferson County is in the process of updating the Critical Areas Ordinance. Best available science documents and Planning Commission Agendas are available. Read on...
Information regarding recreational marijuana can be found easily on our website. Read on...
Effective July 1st, 2019:
- Customers will be able to schedule and pay for appointments online.
- Appointment times will be available Tuesday - Thursday 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm
- Walk-in hours will be changed to Monday - Thursday 10:30 am to 12:00 pm
- A fee will be required for all customer assistance meetings.
How May We Help You?
We are here to help you! Most people find their way to us so that they can look up information on a property or regulation.
Here are our most frequently used tools for researching a property you are interested in:
- Maps & GIS: This is the page that let's you access our mapping software. It allows you to look at your property from an aerial point of view and then "drill down" to more specific information, like deed and sales information on the Assessor's website. Need a place to start? The Land Records Mapping Application is your best bet.
- Laserfiche: This is our archival records management software. Files we place in there are intended for public viewing and archiving. It's full of all sorts of good stuff. We keep the link to Laserfiche on our Public Documents page.
- Permit Database Search Tool: Have questions about what permits have been issued for the property you are researching? This is the place to start.
Click HERE to view our most frequently asked questions.
Still Can't Find What You Are Looking for?
We are here to help! If you still have questions that our website hasn't answered we'd love to be of assistance. For rules and regulations, give us a call. For land use questions, it will probably be best to just come see us or email us! We set up a coaching service for you called the Customer Assistance Meeting which will give you direct consultation with our planning and building staff. When you fill out our form and bring it in or email it, we'll give you 15 minutes of research time for free! No appointment is necessary, but you will want to note our walk-in times on the page dedicated to telling you all about the CAM process. Details about our pricing can be found there, too.