Pregnant with your first baby? A lot will change, but you've got this! Especially if you have a free personal nurse!
What is Nurse-Family Partnership?
How will I meet with my nurse?
How much does it cost?
Nurse-Family Partnership is free to eligible and interested people.
Your nurse will support you to:
- Have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.
- Become the best parent you can be.
- Learn and practice things that make you more confident as a parent, like breastfeeding, nutrition, child development, safe-sleep techniques, and much more.
- Get referrals for healthcare, childcare, job training, and other support services available in your community.
- Continue your education, develop job skills or follow your dreams for the future.
Who can enroll in Nurse-Family Partnership?
- Is pregnant with their first child
- Is pregnant 28 weeks or less
- Meets income requirements
- Lives in an area where Nurse-Family Partnership is available
Who can participate in the visits?
The pregnant parent is the enrolled participant who gets to choose anyone else that may join in a visit. This could include, partners, siblings, parents, grandparents, best friends, etc.
- To learn more, or to ask about getting connected with your free personal nurse, please call (360) 385-9400.Jefferson County Public Health partners with Kitsap Public Health to offer Nurse-Family Partnership to Jefferson and Kitsap County families.For more information, view the Nurse-Family Partnership website.
Eligibility & Enrollment Information
- Jefferson County Public Health Phone: 360-385-9400
- Kitsap County Public Health Phone: 360-728-2333
Other Links of Interest
- National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO) Issue Brief on Women's Mental Health: Local Health Department Strategies in Addressing Depression Among Pregnant and Parenting Women (PDF)
- Nurse-Family Partnership NewsLink Newsletter
- Pregnancy Assistance for First-Time Moms
- "We Are Public Health" (PDF) - More About Nurse-Family Partnership