Veteran Services

Thank you for serving our country! The Jefferson County Veteran's Service Officers Association welcomes you to the County Veteran's assistance programs for indigent veterans and their families.

To use this program, an emergency should exist. You are required to meet the income guidelines of the program.

Make an Appointment

Please make an appointment by contacting Carolyn Gallaway in the County Administrator's Office at the Jefferson County Courthouse by calling 360-385-9122. 

Required Paperwork

You will be asked to provide the following at your appointment:
  • DD214 or Military Discharge Paperwork showing Honorable Discharge.
  • Current 3 Months Bank Statements or Tax Return.
  • If requesting assistance for rent, you will need to provide a rental contract and eviction letter from your landlord.
  • If requesting utilities assistance, you will need to provide a past-due or shut off notice from your utility provider.