Before scheduling a meeting with a Department of Community Development staff member, these free self-service tools and frequently asked questions will answer many of the questions about a property or project. The Department of Community Development's 'coaching service' allows customer to schedule time for direct consultation with our planning and building staff. Appointment times are available Tuesday - Thursday 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm. Walk-in hours will are Monday through Thursday 10:30 am to 12:00 pm. A fee is required for all customer assistance meetings.
- What are my setbacks?
- What is my zoning? What does it allow?
- How many homes can I build on my property and what size?
- What permits are on my property?
- Can I build a tiny home?
- Can I build a yurt?
- How do I permit an addition to an existing house?
- Do I need a permit for a small picnic pavilion on my property?
- Who do I talk to about preliminary questions about building a home in Jefferson County?
- I want to build a stand-alone building to house my tractor. Do I need a permit?
- I'm wondering how I would go about finding information about the zoning and development potential of a property in Jefferson County.
- Does Jefferson County requires a pre-pour inspection?
- What do I need to do for a re-roof permit?
- Where can I find a copy of the county code?
- I am planning to install a fireplace insert. What forms do I need?
- Do I need a permit to remodel a bathroom?
- Is it the property owner or the contractor's responsibility to submit permits?
- Does my ductless heat pump need to be installed above the flood plain?
- What is the minimum height for a deck before it requires a rail?
- Who do I call about installing road name signs?