At this time, all correspondence will be accepted by mail, email, fax, or drop box. If an appointment is needed, please call our office.
Mail: PO Box 1220, Port Townsend, WA 98368
Drop Box: Please use the tax payment drop box located in the rear parking lot.
P.O. Box 1220, Port Townsend, WA 98368
- Order public documents online or make an electronic payment from here.
- Refer to our Local Court Rules to learn how to file by FAX.
- Mail payments and legal filings
- Call to attend a court hearing
- Request access to review Laserfiche documents
- To file documents, use the drop box at the east entrance, include contact information
Board of County Commissioners/ County Administrator
P.O. Box 1220, Port Townsend, WA 98368
- View Live Stream video of County Commissioner Meetings
- Submit a public comment: PublicComments@co.jefferson.wa.us
- View videos of past County Commissioner meetings
- Apply for County Employment (submit application by mail/email/fax)
- Appeal Property Valuations (submit petition by mail/email/fax)
Department of Community Development
621 Sheridan St. Port Townsend, WA 98368
- All commercial and residential construction and inspections have ceased until April 8 or unless further revised by the state.
- Site inspections are cancelled, unless for an emergency repair.
- Schedule virtual Customer Assistance Meetings (CAMs) or by phone.
- Submit your permit packet by drop off in our lobby, email, or by mail. You can also mail your applications or submit them via email. Please include two sets of full-sized building plans.
- All permits will need to be paid in full prior to routing for review. Call or email for information.
P.O.Box 1220, Port Townsend, WA 98368
- Jury Qualification forms --mail or use drop box at the back in Courthouse parking lot
- Pleadings may be made by mail, fax or deposited in the drop box in the Courthouse parking lot
- For Hearing information, check the website or call
- Copies and Payments may be mailed with check, debit, credit card or money order, or on line at www.jeffersonwatix.com or call 877-793-8935 for cash instructions or questions. Or use the drop box in the basement entrance of the courthouse
- All responses and requests for hearings on infractions may be done via the mail.
- Commonly used forms may be downloaded from the website
- For continuances: email or call
- Anti-Harrassment and Protection Orders: call for appointment. Find forms at www.courts.wa.gov. Protection orders require a law enforcement sheet.
Community Health Division
- Developmental Disabilities: Go to Meeting or conference calls.
- The Behavioral Health Advisory Committee: Go To Meeting or conference call
- Mental Health Field Response: Go To Meeting or by phone.
- Community Prevention and Wellness Initiative: Go To Meeting or Conference Call. Classes may be postponed depending on grantor approval.
- Birth Control and Family Planning: call
- WIC- virtual appointments: call
- Immunizations and travel clinics are canceled
- Vital Records: on website/ payments online
Environmental Public Health Division
- Pay fees online or mail.
- Septic permit applications online
- Food service permit applications online
- Septic O+M and other reports:
- Sanitarian: phone consults only, M-F, 9-10:30.
Parks & Recreation
- Register for a recreation program online, by mail, or call 360-385-2221
- Reserve a park, field, or picnic shelter, especially HJ Carroll Park online or call 360-385-9160
- All playgrounds, basketball, tennis courts, park restrooms, picnic shelters and indoor recreation facilities are closed
- Oak Bay, Lake Leland and Quilcene Campgrounds open, but limited to group size depending on what Phase the County is in.
- Spring Soccer Cancelled for this season: Fall soccer cancelled for this season.
Transportation & Engineering
Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office
79 Elkins Road
Port Hadlock, WA 98339
Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
1820 Jefferson Street
Port Townsend, WA 98368
Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- JeffCom 911 - in the case of calls considered low priority incidents the caller will be asked if the report can be made to a deputy by telephone.
- Urgent or emergency deputy responses will still occur for in-progress crimes or felony crimes with a known suspect.
- Non-injury, non-blocking motor vehicle collisions may be handled by telephone. Exchange information and provide instructions on self-reporting using the Washington State Patrol Online Motor Vehicle Collision Reporting (OMVCR) format.
- Sheriff’s deputies will respond to civil standby requests only if pursuant to a court order.
- Non-criminal fingerprinting services are suspended through April 10, 2020. This includes original Concealed Pistol License Applications that require fingerprints or any other fingerprinting services.
- The Drug Take Back program is suspended until further notice.
Tax Payments Options:
- Pay with check, money order or cashier’s check by mail, or drop in the tax payment drop box in the parking lot behind the Courthouse. No cash.
- Pay online using credit cards, Visa Debit or e-check.
- Sign up for Auto-Pay with forms on the Treasurer Web Page by October 10 to have tax payments made automatically from a checking or savings account.
Real Estate Excise Tax Affidavits:
- Scan and email all documents pertaining to your property transfer for our review.
- Once received, we’ll review your documents, provide any corrections and instructions for payment.
- Mail via USPS or drop off your original documents and payment in the Treasurer’s drop box located in the parking lot behind the Courthouse. Please include contact information for your documentation.
District and Department Deposits: Call for appointment